From the home page, click the big red ‘start shopping’ button to enter the main shop where only the latest 1000 products are shown, you will find categories down on the right hand side, and can use them to find all 2500 available products by category.
The main store link will only ever show you the first 1000 products in the store, that’s 63 pages showing 16 items per page. As new products are added, the oldest product in those 1000 listings will disappear into the categories.
As of January 2013 there is currently over 2500 products in this store and we would expect the range to grow to at least 3000 by the end of 2013, but you must browse the individual categories on the right hand side of each page, to see the full product range.
We operate a very simple checkout process, all customers now simply use the guest checkout.
Both payment gateways are ‘hosted solutions’, which means they (paypal & 2co) provide the security for the transaction, we do not handle card info on this website, all we get to see is your name, address & the items you ordered.
Patchdepot.co.uk will work fine in most internet browsers, but is best viewed in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Our order system may send you updates about the progress of your order via email.
Your Paypal or 2CO email receipt is the only receipt we issue, unless you specifically ask for a printed receipt, you are also given the opportunity to print a receipt during checkout.
Please ensure you fill out the shipping address section properly, it’s at the bottom of the checkout page.
CHECKOUT INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW CUSTOMERS:
1) Add the items you would like to your shopping basket using the add to cart button.
2) Click view cart detail to see all the items in your basket and make adjustments to your order.
3) Click the ‘Checkout Now’ link and you will be taken to the checkout page.
4) Choose ‘checkout as guest’ and enter your name, address & your email etc.
5) Click confirm & you will be redirected to choose a payment option & finalise your order. Please note that the payment gateway will often only show the first part of your order in a partial summary, as they view the basket total and don’t always concern themselves with the contents, but we never miss the fine details of your order, it is always in our system and all orders are thoroughly checked against payments received.
IMPORTANT TIP! If your card payment fails at the gateway it will normally be for one of these 3 reasons:
1) Expiry date format: On your card it may say 09/15 but the payment gateway may require you type in 09/2015 (this one issue is responsible for most card payment failures with Paypal).
2) Mis-typed numbers (double check everything).
3) Cardholders name & address do not match. You must use the cardholders address for the payment gateway, if you would like the order shipped to a different address, then put that new address in the shipping address section on the patchdepot registration page. You can easily change your shipping address at anytime by logging in to your account and choosing ‘edit info’.
1) 2Checkout: (2CO) for card payments (Mastercard or Visa).
2) Paypal: We have set Paypal to accept card payments without having to signup for an account (choose paypal guest payment – see the 2 red arrows in the image below) or you can login to your existing Paypal account. (Mastercard, Visa, Maestro or Visa Debit.)
If you are experiencing other problems going through the checkout or you are not happy with the payment methods, email support is available. Please use the messaging system on the contact us page, all emails are normally answered within 24hrs.
You will normally only receive the first 3 ‘order status emails’ when you place your order.
1) PENDING: This status email means that your order has been received but your payment has not cleared yet.
2) APPROVED: This status email means that payment has been received successfully and your order has been approved.
3) SHIPPING: This status email means that your order has been shipped. We normally clear orders from our system within 24 Hours of shipping. Our order system has a built in safety measure to prevent the 2 people from buying the same items and thus sometimes it blocks new buyers if there is an outstanding order, so we have to clear old orders regularly, although we always keep digital copies of every successful order, and you will always get an email copy of your order. We can always send you a digital copy of your order at any time in the future upon request.
4) DELIVERED: This is just an automated status message that is sometimes sent when we clear orders in the shop, its not a definite statement.
5) CANCELLED: This status email normally means that you failed to go through the payment gateway to complete your order and chose the cancel option in the gateway. Orders can also be cancelled for various other reasons, refunds/returns etc.
6) REJECTED: This status email means that your order has been automatically been rejected for some unknown reason.